Forest Education Presentation
The PEIMFNP aims to expand the knowledge, options and appreciation, particularly among woodlot owners, youth, local forest based forest industries and the public, in order to instil a greater understanding of the environmental, cultural, economic and social importance*s of forests.
The PEIMFNP will develop and deliver in conjunction with other entities - government, non government, woodlot owners, academic and industry - an Interactive, Segmented Multimedia Educational Presentation Package.
Employ a University or Technical School graduate as an Education Outreach Project Lead (Sean Brady). In consultation with the PEIMFN partnership and the Education Subcommittee, will determine presentation topic areas and what combination of written, oral and visual multimedia will be required.
- Examine the presence and voids of other resource related presentation initiatives.
- Study issues facing the natural resource sector on P.E.I. and in the Atlantic region.
- Implement and complete the interactive multimedia educational presentation project.
- Present the project to a focus group for evaluation on effectiveness and modify as required.
- Train the PEIMFNP partners and provincial government staff how to use and update this multimedia package presentation.
- Showcase the project at special events, trade shows, woodlot owner meetings and the school system.
- Develop an evaluation technique agreed upon by PEIMFNP Management Committee.
- Compile a final report outlining potential future project activities and goals for both the short and long term.
The interactive multimedia educational presentation project will be available in a binder format. This will include power-point presentations, video segments (with detailed speaker notes), presentation handouts, fact sheets, and other materials.